Friday, September 5, 2008

we are still talking to each other

To my surprise we were late leaving on Wednesday, I know you are all shocked. We drove until about 10:30pm and stayed about 50 miles south of Wichita, KS. We got up Thursday morning and headed for Walden, CO to see old Navy friends we were stationed with in Virginia in the early 1980's. They live in the middle of a valley near the Co. and Wyoming border. It was down in the 30's last night. We left their house about 12:40 today and drove to Sheridan, WY. We have had a long hot shower and will sleep in tomorrow.

Carey and I are still speaking but don't how much longer this will last. He is finally learning how to back the trailer. Today on our drive to Sheridan we saw a moose,antelope,dear,elk,cows,rabbits,fox,skunk of course the skunk and rabbits were smashed on the road. The country side is just beautiful and we saw thousands of horses and cows.

better go and get some sleep
love to all vicki and carey

6 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hey Vicki & Carey! It took me a while to figure out how to view your blog! I was surprised to read that you have already been on the road for a few days. Have you checked your map to see if you will be anywhere near Jimmy & Joni in Gardiner, MT? Isn't the scenery breathtaking? You two are on an exciting adventure together - "CAREY&VICKI'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE" Sit back and enjoy the ride! (Even on the curves!) Love, Priscilla

Carlene said...

Hi Vicki and Carey! What a great adventure. I am so envious! (I must have some Gyspy blood). I can't wait to read your blogs and see your photos. Thank you for sharing. Love, Carlene

Unknown said...

Y'all keep going! Almost there! Annie misses u!

Marsha said...

I love the fact that you will be blogging. what a great way to keep us all informed about your new life! It still seems like you are "just on vacation". I'm envious of the cool (cold) weather you are experiencing.
Love,
Marsha

Priscilla said...

Hi! Are you two still speaking to each other? (It's so much easier when you're trying to figure out which way to go!) Are you still blogging? I'm wondering where you are today....Have you run into any snow yet? Jimmy said that summer is over in that part of the country. Wish we could say the same for Florida! Did you get my message about Julie expecting another baby? 2009 will be an exciting year for the Nadeau, MacEwen, and Roberts Families! Also, please keep Kevin in your prayers - he is having open-heart surgery on Friday, September 12th ro replace his aortic valve.
Love, Priscilla
p.s. Keep on truckin'! Hope we'll get to see some pictures soon.

Priscilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.