Finally after 3300 miles we are in Prince Rupert, BC. We arrived early evening yesterday one day ahead of schedule,and would you believe they didn't have any rooms available at the nice hotels. We finally found a room at an okay clean but very old motel with turquoise old old appliances in the rooms. I had a hard time falling asleep, afraid someone or something would get us. Today we moved over to the nice hotel and even upgraded to a suite with fireplace,jacuzzi big glass walk in shower with rain shower head and a beautiful big picture window looking out at the water. We are on the second floor and an Eagle flew by our window and landed on the huge tree outside. Today is a preview of what the weather will be in Ketchikan. We woke up to rain and it has rained all day. I'm trying to prepare myself for this. We get up early tomorrow morning and catch the ferry for Ketchikan. It will take about 6 hours. We have to be in line at 6:45am.
I know most of you were hoping to here all about our adventures and you will when we get settled. I have been to tired at night to type or like last night the cheap old motel didn't have the Internet. I'm still trying to type and learn about my new laptop. I should have taken lessons before we left. Carey and I are still talking, but just barely. One more day in the car driving mile after mile after mile and I might have left him in the Rockie mountains. I'm sure the animals would have left him alone.
Our new email address is vickiandcareymartin@gmail.com please start using this I can't wait to start getting mail again.
love to all
Vicki and Carey
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You forgot to mention it was also my birthday.
Love,
your youngest daughter
Post a Comment