Monday, October 13, 2008

Feeding the eagles and black bear
























Let me start by introducing Lenny. He is the dog in the pictures I posted today. Lenny belongs to Jan one of the anesthetist who works with Carey. Lenny goes everywhere with Jan, even to work with her. He stays in her truck during the day and she goes out to walk him several times during her day at the hospital. He rides with her in the middle of the night when she is on call. He hates to stay home alone. Jan goes for walks in the mountains alone with Lenny, he loves to chase bears and eagles.
On our way to Jan's house today we saw a black bear. You have to look very close to see the bear in the pictures I posted. It was taken from a distance of about 150 yards away. The other pictures are of Jan's neighbor feeding two eagles off his deck. He would throw a piece of bacon in the air and the eagles would swoop down and get it. The pictures were taken around sunset so they are a bit hard to see. I can't explain how exciting it was seeing the bear and watching the eagles fly down to feed. Jan's house sits almost in the water, it's like going to SeaWorld. We also watched the seals playing in the water. We love sitting in her living room looking out her large window at the water.
We leave Friday night for Round Rock. I'm nervous but excited and can't wait to see my three grand darlings and of course the parents.
Love to all who read my blog
vicki












3 comments:

Lisa Petrarca said...

Nice pictures...I think I would've been a little scared seeing a bear...especially since I'm a CA girl and we don't have too many of them around here!

Sepiru Chris said...

Nice blog, Wagons Ho!

Your pictures remind me of home.

As a blog, it attracts the random peruser; it has a nice combination of text and images and its interesting to read.

Anyways, I thought I would drop a note to say thank you for sharing your trip up to Ketchikan. And I hope that you get to see more bears (it was pretty hard to make out that one in the photo, but the glare from my window does not help, either).

Cheers and best wishes,
random reader Chris

Anonymous said...

Send more eagles pics! Grant is already counting the weeks until y'all are home. :)